Our menu included: Panini with Caramelized Onion, Pear and Fontina, Panini with Prosciutto, Roasted Pepper and Mozzarella, Mediterranean Feta Dip, Smoked Almond Stuffed Dates, Grilled Polenta Crackers with Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, Arancini with Tomato Dipping Sauce, Caesar-Filled Fricos, Chicken Parm Bites, Greatest of All Garlic and Herb Spreads, and Roasted Pear Shortcakes with Warm Toffee Sauce.
The big hits were the chicken parm bites, the caesar filled fricos, and the roasted pear shortcakes. It was a fun afternoon.
Here are some Rachael Ray posts from around the blogosphere this week. If you see a post that you think would be good for the Roundup, or you write one yourself, e-mail me so I can be sure to include it.
- Foodhoe visited Cafe Fina in Monterey, a restaurant recommended by Rachael Ray on $40 a Day.
- Sweet Tea in Texas features a recipe I've never run across before: Spicy Black Bean Soup with Limed Up Shrimp.
- Shushka of Shushka's Blog impressed fellow partygoers when she made Marzipan Mice from Every Day with Rachael Ray.
- Nikki of Pennies on a Platter made Jeweled White Chocolate Lollies.
- Beantown Baker tried Peppermint Chocolate Cookies from Every Day with Rachael Ray.
- Lima Bean of Lima Bean Home made Rachael's Meatball and Macaroni Soup.
- Almostima made Kale Gratin with Pancetta from 30 Minute Meals.
- Chris Perrin of Paper Palate includes Rachael's Big Orange Book on his list of great Christmas gifts.
- Carrie of Adventures in Vegitarianism made Rachael's recipe for Pasta and Lentils, which turned out to be vegan.
- Ali of The Lazy Dog Cooks made Rachael's Steakhouse Shepherd's Pie and loves it, but hasn't been able to make it in 30 minutes.
- Moms Needs to Know features two great recipes from Every Day with Rachael Ray for holiday gift giving.
- Cupcakes Take the Cake shows off some cupcakes made for Rachael's talk show.
- Serious Eats informs us that Rachael Ray is getting some heat for having recipe for dogs with onions in it.
- Krista Richmond of The Advertiser blogs about being a Rachael Ray fan.
- Lekili of Eating in Front of the TV made Cuban Surf and Turf.